www.t20suzuki.com Forum Index www.t20suzuki.com
Noticeboard and discusson forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All board data is corrupted and lost due to bloody spammers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.t20suzuki.com Forum Index -> General stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: All board data is corrupted and lost due to bloody spammers Reply with quote

Sorry to say that in trying to rectify the problem of being hit by thousands of spam messages, I lost pretty much EVERY single post of value on this forum.

No, it wasn't backed up, and I could cry with frustration.

Bastards
Akazoroe
All uers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Crying or Very sad
Brian D. #43
All uers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I'll EVER understand why these people do that sort of thing. Do they get their jollies by destroying someone else's hard work and pride and joy? I agree wholeheartedly with Adrian in saying that a good, long time in prison would be fitting for these BA$TARDS.

Brian D. #43
Adrian Baker
All uers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but wait.... possibility of a recent backup stored on the server!

Only a possibility, but watch this space.

Fingers crossed
Smile
spudbasher
All uers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: restored Reply with quote

Adrian Baker wrote:
but wait.... possibility of a recent backup stored on the server!

Only a possibility, but watch this space.

Fingers crossed
Smile
Good luke.
rickgb
All uers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think its worth making the whole thing hidden so only registered users can view the content - this may discourage others from showing any interest Idea

I am on one other another forum and prefer the fact that only genuine members can access it.
Tourmaster
All uers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow indeed ! I was viewing this excellent forum a couple weeks ago, and coincidentally just purchased a 1967 T20. Just registered and was looking forward to viewing all the great info available. A real shame that there are people out there doing stuff like this. Will keep my fingers crossed on the backup front.
Adrian Baker
All uers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after all the spamming rubbish which trashed my forum data, I have now been formally shafted by my webhosting company. Sad

I emailed support on the 20th November asking for a back-up of the site - part of the hosting deal is daily back-ups. They assured me that they had a 7 day old back-up and would 'restore my site' for the fee of £18.00.

Great stuff, problem solved. Money paid... action waited for. Nothing happened

They then replied to my emails asking them what the heck had happened, and assured me beyond any doubt that the site had all been restored, including the phpBB folder containing the forum data (I have back-ups of the rest of the site). Odd I thought, as the forum STILL had postings on it from the 22nd November, and they had said on the 20th that they had one week old backups (ie 13th November)

I pointed out the latest forum posting, proving that they were lying, and they took 48hours to reply and then told me that "the site backup you wanted has been stored on your server in a folder called 20thNovember"

Great I thought, went to the folder, opened up the forum data.... and the so called back-up was the site EXACTLY as it was on the 24th November!! They lied again, took a copy of the site as it was on the 24/25th, pretended it was from 10 days before and kept tightly hold of my £18!

I hassled them repeatedly today telling them that I wanted the most recent back up they had - ie 7 days from today. If it was early on the 20th, I'd be able to recover my forum data... They eventually replied that they didn't have one, and that the one they now claim they took on the 22nd (containing data from the 24th!!) was the only one they had.

So, the only part of my site not backed up here at home, the forum data, has now gone forever.

Bastards.
Sad Sad
Tourmaster
All uers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer. I can't imagine what a heartbreak this is for you guys. Hope you don't get too discouraged Adrian. Since I now can't lurk and find out all sorts of good stuff ... hopefully you guys won't mind answering my dumb questions as I dig into my '67 X6 Hustler next year.

Wouldn't blame you guys if you decide to throw in the forum towel. But, I, for one, really appreciate the knowledge and experience demonstrated during my brief encounter here.

Bob
Sigrid94
All uers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spammers can be so frustrating. They dilute your hardwork and take you miles back. SO SAD!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.t20suzuki.com Forum Index -> General stuff All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: